[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] Security issues with the ZOOM application

Tony galaitsis at verizon.net
Fri Apr 3 11:07:37 PDT 2020

Hi Olga,

Thank you for the link. I have heard about ZOOM vulnerabilities, but
this article provided additional details that filled more gaps in my
understanding.

In your note you mentioned that the article also showed "how to avoid
some of these security issue". I certainly noticed that ZOOM will
perform within currently acceptable standards, if they use a 256-bit
encryption; but that's a remedy they need to implement. I could not see
how "I could avoid" such issues other than by not using "waiting rooms",
which seems to be a band aid, not surgery. Is that the only currently
available precaution for us? Or, did I miss something else?

Thank you again for sending the link.

Keep your distance to stay healthy,

Tony Galaitsis
781-718-7847