[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] Great Moments in Science & Technology

Jerome Slate SlateMD at comcast.net
Wed Aug 5 13:48:07 PDT 2020

Dear Sci & Tech Group Member,

Greetings.

The Computer and Technology Group steering committee met 8/5/2020 to
discuss presentations for our Fall semester. Many of our members have
science & technology backgrounds.We are asking that members of our group
to present a vignette of a major discovery or development in their own
field or leading up to it.

The general format would be to (1) present the context of the discovery
or development, (2) describe the cast of characters involved, (3)
provide the details of the experiment itself, and (4) explain the
significance of the discovery or development.This topic area includes
great discoveries and colossal failures.

If you are willing to present some great moment in science, please let
me and John Rudy know.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Jerry Slate