[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] [NatickFOSS.org] Zoom sued by Consumer Watchdog for misrepresenting its encryption protections

Robert Primak bobprimak at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 12 08:49:28 PDT 2020

 Well put, and thanks for posting for us! I too would like to see a more open, more private and more secure videoconferencing solution (like Jitsi) implemented by more companies, more groups like ours, and more schools and universities. The weight of shifting numbers of users might spur further development and improvements in Jitsi, which can lead to good outcomes.
While this lawsuit concerns earlier failures to disclose and outright lies by Zoom, the company continues to obfuscate and mislead. I have urged the Lexington Technology Group and others to consider alternatives. So far, to little avail.
-- Bob Primak --