[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] speaker cables

Michael Alexander mna.ma at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 17 11:07:53 PST 2020

 John,

If your "cables" are truly cables (i.e., electromagnetically shielded), Olga's advice may apply.  My "cables" are wires; so the warnings about coiling might apply, depending on their orientation to the rf magnetic field and the radio station (where I live, my Bose radio's wire antenna and AC cord pick up static when on WHRB, whose signal is weak).  You're right to experiment.

    -- Mike A

    On Thursday, December 17, 2020, 1:18:45 PM EST, Olga Guttag <guttagconsulting at gmail.com> wrote:

 This depends on the quality of your cables. The better insulated cables can be coiled, the very cheap ones will pick up  electromagnetic fields and add “noise” to your listening pleasure. If unsure try it and see what you can tolerate.

Stay well,
Olga