[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] Feb 25 Author Talk on "The Age of Surveillance Capitalism"

mwolfe at vinebrook.com mwolfe at vinebrook.com
Sat Feb 1 05:49:51 PST 2020

To All:

 At Wellesley College, Shoshana Zuboff will be discussing her book on
THE AGE OF SURVEILLANCE CAPITALISM: THE FIGHT FOR A HUMAN FUTURE AT THE
NEW FRONTIER OF POWER.

 The event is free but you need to get tickets in advance.

I read the book last summer from a library loan. The book contains a lot
of repetitive history, but the last chapters talk about recent
developments and possible future scenarios.

 See:
 https://www.wellesley.edu/events/node/172001

"Shoshana Zuboff, professor emerita at Harvard Business School,
discusses her latest book, _The Age of Surveillance Capitalism: The
Fight for a Human Future at the New Frontier of Power_. In this
critically acclaimed work, Zuboff shows how our economy, politics, and
society are increasingly being shaped by digital technologies. In her
view, surveillance capitalism--a concept she coined--defines the current
age in which we've all opted into the commodification of our personal
information. Throughout the book, she outlines the cost of putting a
price on private data, and she urges all of us to pay attention, resist
habituation, and come up with novel responses to a new era."

-- Mitch
mwolfe at vinebrook.com