[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] Community Center and Town Hall Network Issues

Robert Primak bobprimak at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 13 08:51:13 PST 2020

This may affect future Lexington Technology Group meetings.

Update: Due to a water line break in the Town Office Building, some Town services are temporarily unavailable
LAST UPDATED: FEBRUARY 12, 2020 - 12:43PMSome of our computers and systems are still down while we resolve this issue.
https://www.lexingtonma.gov/home/urgent-alerts/update-due-water-line-break-town-office-building-some-town-services-are

I have confirmed with Front Desk people at the Community Center that while it is possible to make a WiFi (wireless) connection to Lex-Public network at this time, we are unable to land on the log-in page, and so have no Internet access when connecting by wireless on the network. No one knows at this time when the issue may be resolved, or whether there will be a change in log-in procedures.
Some speakers may need to be informed that they will need to come to our meetings prepared to use a wired (Ethernet) connection if they need Internet access for their presentations. Group members have reported connecting successfully with phones; however, I cannot get my Android (version 7) smartphone to access the Lex-Public log-in page. Without connecting to that page I get no Internet access despite the network showing as being connected. So it's not just my Linux converted Chromebook which is having issues.
Let's hope this gets resolved quickly. Someone should contact Town Hall or the Community Center and get an update early next week.
-- Bob Primak