[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] NYTimes.com: Tool to Help Journalists Spot Doctored Images Is Unveiled by Jigsaw

Dick Miller TheMillers at millermicro.com
Sat Feb 15 11:42:57 PST 2020

Thanks, Larry!

Jigsaw should have offered an open-source version of that tool. An
open-source alternative probably will come available soon.
> Note: You may have to be a NYT subscriber -- I am. Does anyone know
> how to (legally) send out the full article

1. That article - or its source - can be read here:
https://medium.com/jigsaw/disinformation-is-more-than-fake-news-7fdd24ee6bf7

2. The New York Times slips a cookie onto your computer, to count how
many of its articles you've read. It allows a non-subscriber 2-4
articles, then locks him/her out. If you browse with Firefox, just
change its Edit>Preferences>Privacy&Security settings by checking the
box for "Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed" - or clear
them manually when you wish. (If you actually WANT a specific cookie,
you can make individual exceptions.)

Cheers from
--Dick Miller, Partner, MMS <TheMillers at millermicro.com
<mailto:TheMillers at millermicro.com>>
	Co-Leader, FOSS User Group at Natick Community-Senior Center
<http://millermicro.com/FOSSUserGroupNatick.html>

--
*| A. Richard & Jill A. Miller            | MILLER MICROCOMPUTER SERVICES |
| Mailto:TheMillers at millermicro.com      | 61 Lake Shore Road            |
| Voice: 508/653-6136, 9AM-9PM -0500(EST)| NMEA N 42.29993°, W 71.36558° |*

Sent from an awesome, inexpensive, non-proprietary
<https://www.gnu.org/proprietary/>, no-lock-in, no-bloatware,
virus-resistant, free open-source software, Linux
<http://NatickFOSS.org/> PC - with Ubuntu
<http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop> 19.10/Unity
<https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-install-unity-desktop-on-ubuntu-18-04-bionic-beaver-linux>
and draft Fotoxx <http://www.kornelix.net/fotoxx/fotoxx.html> 21.