[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] AI

Paul Garmon paul.garmon at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 10:15:48 PST 2020

Well, related to the AI theme...

Former Lexington resident Noah Wagner <http://www.noahwagner.com>, now
living in LA, who I met at the recent 45th annual Boston Science Fiction
Film Festival <https://www.instagram.com/p/B8a_EHJhjZU/>, has new SF short
film about AI: WATCH ROOM
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th5uJNB7VU8&feature=youtu.be>. [Also met
the sponsoring folks from the new DUST channel (specializing in SF material
that cannot find regular mass distribution channels).]

On the flip side, this book was written a long time ago (and involves a
futuristic Boston):

   - Looking Backward - Wikipedia
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looking_Backward>

   - Looking Backward: 2000 - 1887: Edward Bellamy: 9781536975109:
   Amazon.com: Books
   <https://www.amazon.com/Looking-Backward-2000-Edward-Bellamy/dp/1536975109/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499889592&sr=8-1&keywords=looking+backward+edward+bellamy>

   - America and the Utopian Dream | Utopian Literature
   <http://brbl-archive.library.yale.edu/exhibitions/utopia/ut10.html>

A mountaineering friend of mine recently climbed Second Kaweah
<https://www.peakbagger.com/peak.aspx?pid=2806>.  Not sure what happened to
the first one, other than the current lack of the Kaweah Colony
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaweah_Colony> and Looking Backward
apparently influenced that colony (so who thought influencers are just a
modern thing?).  Book had some funny bits about Boston, where we still
don't have rain covers over the sidewalks, luckily for some poets ;-> Rain
Reveals Hidden Poetry On Boston Sidewalks – CBS Boston
<https://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/05/19/boston-hidden-sidewalk-poetry/>

Paul
  (that other one)

<http://www.noahwagner.com/>