[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] zoomcrc.com

Allan Sherman allanpsherman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 04:02:36 PDT 2020

I think I had a valid idea for checking this, but made the wrong
interpretation of what I found.

The "whois" record I posted for zoomcrc.com was obtained from a random
google search source (
https://www.webnames.ca/whois#?currentDomain=zoomcrc.com ).  Checking
further, I went to the registrar's website https://il.godaddy.com/en/whois and
found the same "whois" result.

Later, checking my favorite network info site (nwtools.com - alias for
https://network-tools.com/ ), surprisingly showed zoomcrc.com being owned
by Zoom Video Communications, Inc at the expected address in San Jose.

What I think happened is that Network Tools was able to get around the
Domains By Proxy blockage by checking the ownership of the IP address used
by that domain.  Just a guess.  So why does the domain usually show up as
being under GoDaddy control?  Perhaps it originally was registered with
GoDaddy and still stays there.

In any event, this certainly looks and acts like a zoom domain, so I am no
longer suspicious of malicious activity by a third party.  However I am
certainly no expert in this stuff.....

Al