[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] Osborne computer looking for a home (assisted living?)

Peter Albin palbin24 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 27 18:14:08 PDT 2020

A friend, Nick Nichols, is moving and it has become time for him to
divest his Osborne. He would like to place it into a good, caring home.
If anyone knows of a suitable placement (individual or institution)
please respond to Nick directly (Nick Nichols <albertlnichols at gmail.com>).

Here's his email to me:

"As we're packing up, I came across my Osborne "portable" computer,
purchased in 1982. I saved it for sentimental reasons--I've always said
the /incremental/ boost in writing productivity that I got from this
microcomputer topped that of all subsequent upgrades. After all, who
would ever need more than 64k with 2 90K (single-sided single density)
floppy drives that included a 5" screen in a mere 25-pound package?

Despite my sentiment, I'm ready to part with it (for free). Do you know
of any person or organization who might be interested? (Unfortunately,
it's the second version of the original model, which has a stylish
blue/gray case--I suspect that the original with a sickly greenish
case is more collectible.)"

Thanks,
Peter

( a parallel posting on LexReUseIt is planned)