[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] Microsoft Windows 10 update version 2004 WARNING!

Bob Eckert roberteckert at verizon.net
Fri Jun 12 12:03:55 PDT 2020

I just spent several hours correcting the incompatibility of Microsoft update 2004 for Windows 10 and iCloud.  I use iCloud to synchronize my contacts and calendar among Outlook on my Windows 10 desktop, Outlook on my Windows 10 laptop, my iPhone and my iPad.  After this Windows update, on my Windows devices, my iCloud Calendar and iCloud Contacts were missing.  UninstallIng and reinstalling iCloud did not help.  I desperation, I rolled back Windows to the previous version and again tried to reinstall iCloud.  NO GO!  Then I used MSCONFIG to reboot in safe mode to try one more time.
My desktop was unbootable at this point.

MORAL: DO NOT INSTALL UPDATE 2004 IF YOU USE iCloud!!!

Update: I had recently upgraded the SSD in my desktop to a larger SSD, so I just put the old drive back in.  Back in business; now cloning the good (small) drive to the screwed up one.  As soon as that is done, the larger drive will go back In as the C drive.

Bob Eckert
Sent from my iPad