[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] Internet is hefty

Stephen Quatrano stefanoq at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 11:40:08 PDT 2020

The issue with conferencing services may not be the Internet at all.  I suspect it’s a problem on the “edge” and with data center resources.  After all, the conference is really an APPLICATION hosted ultimately by a bunch of SERVERS.  Yep, although it is “elastic”, it does scale linearly, and we call it a “cloud” in fact, there are real servers.  And those hosted servers can slow down, fall behind and ultimately fail to deliver a service to endpoints.  Also, the size of the pipe between the data center hosting those servers and the Internet itself is another limit and point of failure.

SQ