[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] Internet is hefty

Stephen Quatrano stefanoq at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 08:34:58 PDT 2020

"Amazon is cutting Prime Video streaming bitrates in Europe"
"Netflix and YouTube have made similar decisions in the last 24 hours."

https://www.engadget.com/2020/03/20/amazon-prime-video-streaming-bitrate-europe/?utm_medium=techboard.fri.20200320&utm_source=email&utm_content=&utm_campaign=campaign <https://www.engadget.com/2020/03/20/amazon-prime-video-streaming-bitrate-europe/?utm_medium=techboard.fri.20200320&utm_source=email&utm_content=&utm_campaign=campaign>

One of my friend in the business claimed that Netflix has actually asked NBC to stop broadcasting in HD.  I have not looked into that so I cannot confirm it.

These are examples of feedback that will dynamically alleviate congestion.  Very interesting.

SQ