[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] Is it safer to visit a gym or a coffee shop

Harry Forsdick forsdick at gmail.com
Thu May 14 03:57:31 PDT 2020

John,

This NYTimes article is indeed very relevant to where we are right now,
with a possible loosening of restrictions of what places can open for
business.

   -
   https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/05/06/opinion/coronavirus-us-reopen.html

Regardless of any restriction loosening, individuals will have to make
their own decisions based on their own vulnerability to C-19.  These charts
provide the information needed to make such decisions.

The data behind these interactive charts was gathered from anonymous cell
phone tracking data gathered before the start of the pandemic, so it is
more than an opinion: it is based on a large amount of data collected from
the actions of real people.

I highly recommend going to this article to understand what it is telling
us.

And, I would highly recommend taking advantage of a really good deal from
the NYTimes:  the Times is offering a digital subscription (what other kind
should the be these days?) for $1/week that is billed monthly.  This rate
is good for a year.  Compare that to the cost of one cup of coffee at
almost any coffee shop from Peets or Ride Studio Cafe on down to Dunkin...

While I am at shilling for the newspapers, the Boston Globe has a deal of
$1/month for 6 months.  Obviously many companies from Zoom, the NYTimes,
and the Boston Globe are all using this period of confinement to hook us on
using their products.  It remains to be seen how much these rates will
increase once things ease up...

Regards,

-- Harry

Register to vote by mail https://turbovote.org/

Harry Forsdick <http://www.forsdick.com/resume/>
Lexington Photo Scanning <http://lexingtonphotoscan.com/>
Town Meeting Member Precinct 7 <http://lexingtontmma.org/>
harry at forsdick.com
www.forsdick.com
  46 Burlington St.
Lexington, MA 02420 <https://goo.gl/xZXT2F>
(781) 799-6002 (mobile) <callto:17817996002>
meet.jit.si/HarryForsdick (video)
Click <http://forsdick.weebly.com/home/my-websites> to see my other websites