[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] Wired Magazine

mwolfe at vinebrook.com mwolfe at vinebrook.com
Tue Oct 27 06:39:12 PDT 2020

To All:

I try and use airline miles to purchase magazines. They are relatively
cheap and help avoid losing miles due to account inactivity - which is
more of an issue with Covid. For example, you can get a year of Wired
Magazine on the magsformiles.com [1] website for 400 miles on Delta [2],
United [3], etc. The equivalent cost is about $5 based upon an average
airline mile equivalent worth of 1.3 cents. The site is geared toward
new subscriptions but you can often gift to household relatives.

I've also had good luck with discountmags.com [4]. They also often run
further sales  - especially around the holiday season. Wired currently
is listed [5] there at $19.99, and you can extend a subscription.

I get the Boston Sunday Globe delivered. With it you also get full
access (all days) to the Globe online site. I get billed monthly. When
there are periodic rate increases, I call up and invariably obtain a
rate concession. As John said, the squeaky wheel...

-- Mitch

On 2020-10-26 16:21, john rudy wrote:

> I have been getting this excellent magazine for a number of years at $19.99 per year.
>
> Yesterday I received a bill for the next year at $49.99
>
> I went to their web page and it was offered for 29.99
>
> I called their customer service 800-769-4733 and  they said they would give it to me for $19.99 for a year.
>
> Just thought that some of you might run into the same situation
>
> John
>
> John Rudy
>
> 781-861-0402
>
> 781-718-8334 (cell)