[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] A couple of things from today's meeting

Harry Forsdick forsdick at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 16:07:43 PDT 2021

   1. The TED Ed short clip about the Infinite Hotel is delightful.  Since
   Charlie prepped us today with lots of interesting mathematical tricks, we
   should slip this in at the next  Potpourri.
   2. The name of the person who spoke at the Library is *Bruce Schneier*.
   He has been a prolific writer about security topics for at least 29 years.
   He is currently a fellow at the Harvard's Kennedy School, but I recall when
   I was working, he worked in Texas -- although as an active member of the
   Internet community, location doesn't seem to limit what he thinks about or
   who he engages to debate these issues.  Here is his bio from his website:

   I am a public-interest technologist <https://public-interest-tech.com/>,
   working at the intersection of security, technology, and people. I've been
   writing about security issues on my blog <https://www.schneier.com/> since
   2004, and in my monthly newsletter
   <https://www.schneier.com/crypto-gram/> since 1998. I'm a fellow and
   lecturer at Harvard's Kennedy School
   <https://www.hks.harvard.edu/faculty/bruce-schneier>, a board member of
   EFF <https://www.eff.org/>, and the Chief of Security Architecture
at Inrupt,
   Inc. <https://inrupt.com/> This personal website expresses the opinions
   of none of those organizations.

   3. I recommend browsing his website to understand the depth and volume
   of his contributions over the last 30 year in the field of cyber security:
   https://www.schneier.com.
   4. For those who have a lot of time on their hands, the collection of 29
   years of blog entries by Schneier can be found at
   https://www.schneier.com/essays/calendar.html/.
   5. To read some essays that he particularly likes, the fourth section in
   the right sidebar of the home page is labeled *Featured Essays *and
   contains a manageable number of essays for you to browse through.

Regards,

-- Harry

Harry Forsdick <http://www.forsdick.com/resume/>
Lexington Photo Scanning <http://lexingtonphotoscan.com/>
Town Meeting Member Precinct 7 <http://lexingtontmma.org/>
harry at forsdick.com
www.forsdick.com
  46 Burlington St.
Lexington, MA 02420 <https://goo.gl/xZXT2F>
(781) 799-6002 (mobile) <callto:17817996002>
meet.jit.si/HarryForsdick (video)
Click <http://forsdick.weebly.com/home/my-websites> to see my other websites