[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] Special Meeting Computer and Technology Group

Tony galaitsis at verizon.net
Fri Jul 2 10:58:03 PDT 2021

George et al,

My experience (re a Moderator) has been the same. Moderated Zoom
meetings have been by far more inclusive, therefore, more effective and
more productive than non moderated meetings.

I personally favor moderated meetings, where:

 1. The moderator recognizes attendees in the order of raised hands,
    marks names down, and announces the queue every now and then
 2. Attendees _*keep*__*their microphone on mute*_ until they are
    recognized, except for points of order
 3. Anyone can have multiple turns after all other raised hands have
    been recognized

Generally, some people prefer to contribute their comments/questions
spontaneously, at any time, and with no need for a designated turn.
However, that usually prevents others from contributing their comments
or asking their questions.

Cheers,

Tony