[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] Special Meeting Computer and Technology Group

Michael Alexander mna.ma at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 6 19:37:32 PDT 2021

This may be superfluous after Ken Pogran’s post, but:
The discussion about the LTCG paying to upgrade the room where we’ve met assumes that we would be the only beneficiaries of the video hookups.  Not likely, unless only initially.  Moreover, it assumes that we’ll have use of the room for all our meetings – i.e. not be temporarily relocated to make space for higher-priority (in the opinions of some benighted powers-that-be) group.  (My aged memory thinks it recalls that having happened.)
By the way, I think having hybrid meetings is a great idea, for most of the reasons others have cited.  I may have missed this reason, but in case no one has put it out explicitly:  A hybrid meeting would allow us to have speakers who can’t or won’t appear in person.
    – Mike Alexander