[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] Microsoft Store "Merge PDF Free"

Robert Primak bobprimak at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 12 20:03:30 PDT 2021

in answer to Paul's issue connecting to hotel WiFi with a Chromebook:
Chromebook Won’t Connect To Hotel WiFi – How To Fix
https://www.techjunkie.com/chromebook-wont-connect-to-hotel-wifi-how-to-fix/

Don't reset the Chromebook. It isn't worth the effort in this situation.
Chromebooks have the same browser security as Chrome Stable Web Browser for Windows. There are certain types of page redirects for logging into some public WiFi networks. The Lexington Community Center has such a redirect, as do many libraries. Chrome may refuse the redirect, resulting in a failure to authenticate even when you know the network's password. You just never get to the redirect page.
I think there's a way to get around this security restriction, but I don't know what it is. Usually if this happens, I'm out of luck for that network.
-- Bob Primak