[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] Fan, I assume

Paul G paul.garmon at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 07:05:03 PDT 2021

Maybe install something like this and see if it's really overheating or
just confused:

   -
   https://winbuzzer.com/2020/06/12/how-to-use-speedfan-for-fan-speed-control-in-windows-10-xcxwbt/

Nice to know actual numbers and then be able to override things if you
disagree with the system.  Even so, it's turning on the fan because it
thinks it's hot.  There are often several fans: case fan (sometimes more
than one), CPU fan, maybe a graphics card fan?

Paul

On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 9:19 AM Stan Rose <rosesta at gmail.com> wrote:

> Most likely, when you play the game your computer is doing more and
> overheating. The first, and easiest, thing to try is cleaning the
> filters/intake openings and fans. Best way is via a can of compressed air.
> But, it will be really messy so make sure the surrounding area is covered.

That's good advice in any case (assuming it's at all dusty/dirty).  Maybe
take the machine outside and clean it so you don't pollute your inside air?
;)

Paul