[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] Fwd: Malware or what?

bhff02 at aol.com bhff02 at aol.com
Sun Jun 20 17:23:34 PDT 2021

 A few days ago, I received the following email and accidentally clicked on it. The the sender's name is spoofed to look like a friend of mine. I opened the link and it contains an innocuous looking news article. I suspect that there may be malware behind it but Defender hasn't flagged it and MalwareBytes free hasn't found anything either.  When I mouse over the sender's name, I see segreteria at euroform.it  instead of my friend's email address

The message appears below. Do not visit the site inadvertently.
Just wanted to ask you if you may remember the couple in this pic: http://www.yq8g.enrmexsb.com/

I haven't seen any consequences yet. Any thoughts as to how I should proceed?

I never click on a link, unless I know the sender well or mouse over the "from" name. But, I receive email from this friend quite regularly and had no cause for alarm.

Then again, the URL should have been cause for suspicion.

Barry Hass