[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] Meeting Reminder: At Zoom Address 972 6146 0830. Rubber Part 2 presented by George Burnell. Wednesday, March 10, 2021 at 10AM. Lexington Computer and Technology Group Online Meeting via Zoom

Jonathan Goode jonathan.goode at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 07:55:45 PST 2021

(NOTE: Repeated Reminder with unchanged contents.)

Mar 10, 2021

*Rubber Part 2* George Burnell presents the second part of his talk on
Rubber: industrial products, recycling, synthetic, and more.

*SPECIAL NOTE - **Links to many of our previous sessions are available
online at http://lctg.toku.us/ <http://lctg.toku.us/>, thanks to the
diligence of Steve Isenberg. This includes the Mars Landing session.*

We, the Lexington Computer and Technology Group, meet at the usual 10AM
Wednesday time, BUT ONLINE, using the Zoom Video Conferencing Application,
facilitated by Steve Isenberg.

There is an instruction page at https://toku.us/zoomish but note that the
URL and phone number shown are examples.

Sometime after 9:45AM on Wednesday, choose one of the following options:

   - If you have the Zoom application installed, start it and join meeting
   with ID 972 6146 0830
   - From your browser, go to: https://zoom.us/j/97261460830
   - From your smartphone, tap this: +16468769923,,97261460830
   - From a “dumb” telephone, call 1 646 876 9923 and enter meeting ID: 972
   6146 0830

Once the connection is established, you may need to locate and use the
on-screen controls that turn on the sound and the video. You should be able
to see and hear others and they should be able to see and hear you, if you
have a camera and microphone (each of which you can unmute selectively).

If this email wasn't addressed to you and you would like to join the group,
or if you have a friend or colleague who might also be interested in
joining, it's easy.  Ask them to go to the group's wiki page at
http://LCTG.toku.us and follow the simple instructions under "Join the
Email List".  By being a member of the group you'll get reminders of
upcoming meetings and infrequent related messages. No advertising.  The
list is tightly managed.

Membership is free and given that all meetings are using Zoom you only need
to be connected to the Internet to join.  It's ok to join from anywhere you
can get a decent Internet connection, even if you're in orbit around Earth
or on another planet or a moon (if you're connecting from somewhere not on
Earth, we'd like to chat).

*Below are our plans for Upcoming Meetings. For more schedule information,
please refer to https://wiki.toku.us/doku.php?id=lctg_speaker_schedule
<https://wiki.toku.us/doku.php?id=lctg_speaker_schedule>  We will continue
to have an online presentation (almost) every Wednesday until it is prudent
for us to resume meeting in person.*

Mar 17, 2021

*Why is Venus so bloody hot?* The greenhouse effect. (Charlie Holbrow)

Mar 24, 2021

*I. I. Rabi, a story of scientific rags-to-riches*; the fabulous career of
I. I. Rabi, presented by Daniel Kleppner
        Rabi played a principal role in the transition of U. S. Physics
from a backwater position to the international leader in the 1940’s and
50’s.  He was awarded the Nobel Prize for his own work, mentored eight
laureates at Columbia University, triggered the founding of Brookhaven
National Laboratory and CERN, and created the position of Science Advisor
to the President. He invented the atomic clock, played a major role in the
creation of the theory of relativistic quantum electrodynamics (QED) and
mentored the inventors of nuclear magnetic resonance, the maser and the
laser.