[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] keeping cell phones charged

Paul Garmon paul.garmon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 15:59:22 PST 2021

On Wed, Mar 10, 2021 at 8:06 AM john rudy <jjrudy1 at comcast.net> wrote:

> When I put the cord in it usually says "fast charging". If it doesn't I
> replug and then it normally says "fast".  I don't seem to have control over
> what type of charging takes place.  It is a Samsung Galaxy

Apparently, unlike Apple, Samsung supposedly lets you configure this to
your taste, albeit a little confusing? You can turn them all off:

   - How to fast charge on your Galaxy device
   <https://www.samsung.com/latin_en/support/mobile-devices/how-to-fast-charge-on-your-galaxy-device/>

   - Fast charging : Enable this mode if you are using the Adaptive
      fast wired charger.
      - Super fast charging : Enable this mode if you are using a
      wired Super fast charger.
      - Fast wireless charging : Enable this mode if you are using a fast
      wireless charging pad.

Every time I look closely at Samsung phones, I have always been impressed
that they tend to lead Apple on a lot of features, like size of screen,
brightness.  A couple of years I compared photos on a large Samsung phone
to an iPhone and the Samsung had much brighter, nicer screen (better for
photography use).  Yet Apple retains the panache.  Oh well.

   - Apple vs. Samsung: Who makes the better phone? | ZDNet
   <https://www.zdnet.com/article/apple-vs-samsung-who-makes-a-better-smartphone/>

*  Apple is now the worldwide leader in smartphone shipments,   passing
   Samsung for the first time in five years.  where Samsung takes the lead
   right now is in displays...   (however that comes at a cost: more power
   needs bigger battery)*

Maybe Samsung is still licking their wounds from their (not so successful)
foray into folding phones, which Apple avoided?

   - Samsung Galaxy Fold review | Tom's Guide
   <https://www.tomsguide.com/reviews/samsung-galaxy-fold>

So, Samsung needs to push ahead again (as they have in the past) to one up
Apple?  🤔

Paul 😷