[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] VPN Recommendation

BARRY HASS bhff02 at aol.com
Sun Mar 14 16:35:49 PST 2021

Smita,

I used ExpressVPN for three years and switched to NordVPN.  Both have online support and are highly rated. They are easy to use but you may need to access their chat support if you have difficulty connecting to certain WiFi hotspots. I don’t recall whether they offer free trials but I think you can pay by the month to determine whether you like the product(s). Both offer multi-year discounts. If you have multiple devices, check their license terms. I use the VPN on multiple iPhones and Windows laptops. See the link below:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/nordvpn-vs-expressvpn/

Something else to consider is Norton antivirus which comes with their own VPN. When Comcast abandoned its free offering of Norton A/V, I briefly considered buying a license to Norton and walking away from NordVPN but I still have 18 months left on my NordVPN subscription.  I will wait for now and use Defender with MalwareBytes plus NordVPN until my renewal comes up.

Barry Hass