[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] Sound problems after recent Windows update

Bob Eckert roberteckert at verizon.net
Mon Mar 15 10:17:35 PST 2021

Good suggestions from Paul.

I would also like to express concern about the possibility of using
Microsoft's "go back to a previous version of Windows" utility.

When I initially updated to Windows 10, version 2004, the update broke
iCloud synchronization, and I used that Microsoft tool to revert.
This rendered my desktop PC unbootable, and I had to use a recent image file
and Acronis True Image to undo.

Believe it or not, the identical issue occurred with my Dell XPS-13 laptop
when updated to Windows 10 version 2004.

After restoring both machines with their corresponding image files,
uninstalling iCloud, re-upgrading to Windows 10 version 2004,
I fixed the iCloud issue by installing an earlier version of iCloud that
worked and played well with Windows 10 version 2004.

Apple has since fixed the compatibility issue with iCloud and Windows 10
version 2004, and both machines are now happy with the current
version of iCloud.  I have no idea if Microsoft has or has not fixed the
egregious bug in their

Regards and best of luck,
Bob Eckert
roberteckert at verizon.net