[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] Antivirus software

Evie et8686 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 20:21:32 PST 2021

Hi all,

Info to share.....
I did more digging, and found out "Window Defender" has 2 parts; Window
Defender firewall (network security) and Window Defender.
Someone described as " *Windows Defender is essentially an anti-malware
scanner.* But in Windows 10, it has firewall capabilities through the
Windows Defender Firewall, which is the updated version of the classic
firewall built into the world’s most popular operating system." Anyone
could explain this more clearly??

Bjorn Johansson <https://www.safetydetectives.com/author/bjornjohansson/>,
published below article on *January 1, 2021*
*Is Windows Defender Good Enough in 2021? (You Won't Like the Answer)*,
https://www.safetydetectives.com/blog/windows-defender-vs-antiviruses-is-defender-enough-for-you/
.
He actually has done detailed and rigorous tests on Window Defender and
other antivirus software, then ranked them on malware detection rates,
system performance, scan speeds, overall internet security protection, and
customer support.
Apparently, he concluded that Window Defender is very good and it's free,
but to really protect your computer, especially, if you store valuable data
and information, you should have more protection!

Evie