[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] Amazon Sidewalk & Apple Find My...

Robert Primak bobprimak at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 03:51:18 PDT 2021

 Given Amazon's track record with their Ring Doorbells and Alexa Echos, and Apple's track record with iCloud, I have very grave concerns over the security of these IoT linked mesh networks. These are not routers being meshed together. These are the same IoT devices and hubs which have been breached countless times already.
Trust is something you have to earn. It's not about building a user culture or making it mandatory to share with everyone just to track your devices with RFID tags. The sad truth is that people still do trust Amazon and Apple, even after documented failures on the Companies' end of the trust relationship.
We are barreling toward a Surveillance Economy faster than non-technical people can imagine. What has already happened in China is at our doorstep in America, and most Apple and Amazon customers are not only failing to resist, they are actually embracing these changes with open arms!
And these same people ridicule me for going nearly all-Linux, and using only open-source applications on the desktop in Windows.
You aren't necessarily paranoid if they really are out to get you.
Not the Government, but the Corporate Collusion "mesh network".
-- Bob Primak