[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] Meeting Reminder: 10:0AM Wednesday, November 6, 2019 In Room 237. Backup strategies, presented by Peter Albin.

Jonathan Goode jonathan.goode at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 17:34:49 PST 2019

NOTE: This message is being distributed using a new technique because Yahoo
has reduced its services to Yahoo Groups, including ours. We are looking
for ways to have the group services we need without using Yahoo.

We meet Wednesdays 10:00AM to 11:30AM Eastern Time in Room 237 of the
Lexington Community Center, 39 Marrett Road, near the Masonic Museum. Use
the driveway for the Museum, then turn left to the building in the back.

*Nov 6, 2019    Backup strategies, presented by Peter Albin *
* Plans for upcoming meetings*
*Nov 13, 2019  Steering Committee followed by Gary Patrick on computer
blogs. *
*Nov 20, 2019   Geodesy, the mapping of topography, in this case by
satellite.  Mike Pearlman  manages, at Smithsonian Astrophysical Lab, a
program on Geodesy that has grown to involve enormous international
cooperation.  It’s gone on for ~30 years or more.  It used to be
underwritten only by NASA but has grown a lot in recent years.  (Via Mike
Alexander) *
* Nov 27, 2019  Thanksgiving. No meeting. Dec 4, 2019    Tesla and Marconi,
presented by Bob Primak *
*Dec 11, 2019   AI in Medicine  *
*https://www.technologyreview.com/s/613361/giving-medicine-a-dose-of-ai/?utm_source=MIT+Technology+Review&utm_campaign=Alumni-Newsletter_May-Jun-2019&utm_medium=email
<https://www.technologyreview.com/s/613361/giving-medicine-a-dose-of-ai/?utm_source=MIT+Technology+Review&utm_campaign=Alumni-Newsletter_May-Jun-2019&utm_medium=email>*
*
https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2019/3/15/18264314/ai-artificial-intelligence-deep-medicine-health-care
<https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2019/3/15/18264314/ai-artificial-intelligence-deep-medicine-health-care>*
*Dec 18, 2019   Potpourri*

*Dec 25, 2019   Christmas. No meeting. *
*Jan 1, 2019      New Year’s Day. No meeting.*