[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] growing pains and "confirm" emails

Steve Isenberg smisenberg at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 12:05:41 PST 2019

Gentlepeople,

A number of you may have received an email from lctg-request at lists.toku.us
with subject "confirm " and a long hexadecimal number.
Those most likely to receive this have a yahoo.com email address, but I've
also seen it happen with those on comcast and verizon and maybe others.

You can ignore the message.

What's going on?
The email list was watching for excessive bounces.  I'm not sure why this
is happening, but: I have turned off bounce detection (so this should not
happen again) and I have corrected the subscription for everyone who had
received this message (which includes my "secret" yahoo.com address!).

Apologies to y'all.  I have not seen this happen in other lists I manage.

Thank you for your patience.
Regards,
-steve