[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] Email being snared by gmail

Derek Gardiner derek.gardiner.02420 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 05:07:32 PDT 2020

Hi all,

I was the person who initiated the email thread yesterday about emails from
Verizon and Yahoo being sent to spam by Google. Many thanks for all the
This morning I used the Filters and Blocked addresses to add two of you
from my spam folder. And more, no doubt, as the days go by. Easy to do once
you know how.

At the risk of offending Verizon and Yahoo mail users, have you ever
considered moving to a different email provider? My wife and I did
this from using Verizon email, about five years ago. My motivation was to
get away from being locked into Verizon for email, Internet service, cable
TV and telephone. We selected Gmail as they are an independent provider
unlikely to go away. We put forwards on our Verizon email accounts - which
are still there but rarely used. We still have Verizon Fios internet which
I think is very good and reasonably priced. But our house phones use an
independent VOIP service and we dropped cable in favor of an antenna plus
streaming.

Derek