[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] Today's talk

Harry Forsdick forsdick at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 13:53:15 PDT 2020

I too enjoyed Shelly's talk this morning, BUT I also disliked it because
there was too much debatable information presented in too short a time.  It
was like someone trying to tell me everything about Quantum Physics in one
talk and expect me to conclude that it was a better way to view the world
than Newtonian Physics.  Maybe, but I gotta think about it a little more.

I don't mind if the information presented is different than I have been
exposed to before. However, when it comes to me from a firehose I become
suspicious that the presenter is trying to overwhelm me with so much
information that I don't have a chance to think about it and either accept
or reject its validity.

Shelly clearly indicated a climate-change doubter.  I would have much
preferred to hear a speaker take a neutral stance on the topic of climate
change and present a talk that compared and contrasted the different
positions about the multitude of issues that make up climate change.  Then
I would have understood the issues much better and would have the
perspective to form my own opinion, based on the merits of the arguments.

By being provocative in presenting the arguments questioning climate
change, Shelly has sparked my curiosity to read more about this topic so
that I can form my own opinions.  I would love to invite other speakers on
this topic to our meetings to present other viewpoints.  There is nothing
wrong with multiple opposed views to explain observable events.

Shelly did us all a great service by thrusting us right into the middle of
this great debate.

Regards,

-- Harry

Register to vote by mail https://turbovote.org/

Harry Forsdick <http://www.forsdick.com/resume/>
Lexington Photo Scanning <http://lexingtonphotoscan.com/>
Town Meeting Member Precinct 7 <http://lexingtontmma.org/>
harry at forsdick.com
www.forsdick.com
  46 Burlington St.
Lexington, MA 02420 <https://goo.gl/xZXT2F>
(781) 799-6002 (mobile) <callto:17817996002>
meet.jit.si/HarryForsdick (video)
Click <http://forsdick.weebly.com/home/my-websites> to see my other websites