[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] Climate

Tony galaitsis at verizon.net
Thu Aug 27 07:42:13 PDT 2020

George,

Thank you for the document. As you said, somewhat old reference, but one
of many puzzle pieces to review before having any hope of guessing the
full content and final message of the completed puzzle.

Like most of us, I believe that Technology-Mother Nature's collection
and sequestration of the vast amount of CO2 over the Earth's long
geologic past (compared to our existence), brought about the Goldilocks
environment that enabled our evolution.

However, over the past ~150 years, we have discovered and liberally used
the CO2's de-sequestration control knob for our convenience and comfort.
Using this knob without an informed consensus and proper future global
planning can be as devastating over the long run as tap dancing on a
floor with an embedded nuclear button over the short run.

Bottom line: I hope our global leaders will hit the sweet spot of
prudence and wisdom in manipulating this "double-edge blade" control
knob because:

  * If minimally used, it would propel us into a more advanced,
    non-fossil fuel technological stage
  * If maximally used ("Burn, baby! Burn!"), it could reset us back to a
    basic tool maker/user stage

My 2� on the topic,

Tony Galaitsis