[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] Problem-missing pictures

Robert Primak bobprimak at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 28 08:39:45 PDT 2020

 What format were the pictures in on the old computer? (JPEG/JPG or proprietary Nikon Format?)
It looks like the NCCONLST icon is referencing a configuration file. Did the old computer have any Nikon software installed on it?
See: https://www.justanswer.com/laptop/8j4yc-program-use-view-ncconlst-files.html
Windows can be instructed to treat the SD Card in a lot of different ways. Has the Windows Settings app been used?
The SD Card should be treated in Windows as Pictures, not Files. The Windows default since forever has been Files. This would present you with the configuration file from the SD Card, which is useful only to the camera's firmware.
When I used to upload pictures from a very old Nikon camera to a computer, I would have to fix the way Windows (or Linux) would treat the SD Card, so as to treat it as a Pictures archive, not a system of Files on external storage.
-- Bob Primak