[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] Printer help

Robert Primak bobprimak at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 25 07:44:44 PST 2020

 The driver is not for your computer brand. It is for your operating system version.
Therefore, look here:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-pro-p1102-printer-series/4110394/model/4110306

I would download all the firmware, utility-diagnostic and driver software and install them in the following order (skip the e-print software unless you want to do Cloud Printing.):
First, make sure you have applied the latest feature update and all available updates for Windows 10 on the new PC. Restart and check for further updates, until nothing, not even Windows (or other) drivers, shows up in Windows Update. Windows Update may send you some manufacturer specific driver updates.
Since this is a new PC, I would recommend making sure you are on the latest updates for Windows 10 Version 20H2 (2009). (For existing PCs I am still recommending Version 2004.)
You can either accept these as a starting point, or go to your PC manufacturer and update just those drivers for which Windows wants to push updates. That should quiet down Windows Update about drivers.
1) Update the firmware to the latest Windows 10 compatible version. Restart Windows. Then do a test printout while wired, which should work.
2) Install the remaining printer software according to any instructions on the download page or in your printer's manuals if you have them or can find them online. Restart Windows.
3) Try now to set up the Wireless printing. Most printers will show a display or their IP Address and other vital info to make the connection. Again, you may need to follow additional instructions found in your printer's manuals or in their online download and install instructions.
I think if you follow these steps you should be able to make the wireless connection.
My printer is an Epson, and my PC is an Intel NUC, so I don't have further advice to offer.
Wireless printing can be tricky. But with a methodical approach, most problems can be resolved. Hang in there!
-- Bob Primak