[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] Grommet

Bill Haley winicuda at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 17:37:19 PDT 2020

John,
This excerpt from the attached WebMD article casts doubt on these devices
effectiveness.

"If someone were to ask me whether they should invest in a home UV light, I
wouldn't do it right now," he says. "There's just not enough data on them,
and there's a lot of room for user error."

It is unlikely that just quickly scanning a surface with a hand-held device
will do any significant damage to viruses or bacteria, he says.
Coronavirus in Context: An Inside Look at the Coronavirus

WebMD’s Chief Medical Officer speaks with immunologist Vincent Racaniello
about how long the virus lives on various surfaces.
ABOUT

Malley cautions that many people misunderstand how hard it is to come up
with useful UVC technology. He says some products on the market -- in
particular those that cost less -- don’t work well."

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200519/coronavirus-puts-uv-in-the-disinfectant-spotlight

Bill Haley