[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] I reversed the cable

Allan Sherman allanpsherman at gmail.com
Sat May 23 16:39:49 PDT 2020

I have seen this happen many times. My hypothesis is that one of the wires in the cable has developed a small crack, probably where it attaches to the connector.  This is likely to happen at the device end where the cable sees a lot of flexing. The TV end seldom sees mechanical abuse. Reversing the cable can result in the broken wire reestablishing continuity due to its orientation and remaining in contact until it is moved.  Now the “good” end of the wire will take the abuse.

Best wishes from New Zealand,

Al

Sent from my iPhone