[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] I reversed the cable

Robert Primak bobprimak at yahoo.com
Sat May 23 15:37:23 PDT 2020

 Bending the pins/connectors -- I did that on a tablet 's docking station/keyboard when one USB-A (3.0 gen) flash drive had a plastic case which made it fit just a bit tighter than my other , bare-metal USB-A flash drives. The result was a "stretched-out" port which worked for the slightly fatter drive, but not for the normal bare-metal drives. The offending drive was a cheap one from Best Buy, of course. Had to get the whole docking station/keyboard for the tablet replaced after that experience. So, if it doesn't fit, the solution is not to force it. Just return it as defective or take the hit and get a decent flash drive/cable/etc.
Fortunately, it wasn't the main part of the tablet! And it was under warranty at the time.
-- Bob Primak