[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] Special Meeting Computer and Technology Group

Dick r.w.wagner at verizon.net
Fri Jul 2 12:32:26 PDT 2021

Since I am scheduled to be the presenter at the July 14th meeting, I
probably will not join the group until just before the presentation time
(shouldn't I be preparing [primping?]?}.

My preference is to be together in one place, for at least a couple
reasons. I find the psychological feeling of face=to-face interactions
refreshing and missing with ZOOM meetings. Also, I have not yet been
able to adapt to the technological problems of the visual and aural lag
that occurs with such digital interactions (5G� may solve this?). I find
myself bothered more than usual when more than one person tries to speak
during presentations and question and answer sessions.

However, for the sake of personal convenience and for the ability of
having members and speakers from remote locations, my vote is for a
"hybrid" approach, if at all possible. I know that educational
institutions from elementary to postgraduate institutions are tending in
this direction with knowledge gained during the pandemic about using
such a model.

Good luck!

Dick