[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] Steering Committee March 31, 2021

john rudy jjrudy1 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 22 14:06:11 PST 2021

The Lexington Computer and Technology Group would like your help. The group
has been meeting weekly for about 15 years and has covered a very wide range
of subjects.   We would like to think that we put together programs that the
membership finds to be very interesting.  The decision about what programs
to host is not arbitrary, it is "chosen" by a Steering Committee.  The good
news is that ALL OF YOU are selective members of this Steering Committee and
you choose whether to participate in these discussions and how best to
advocate for upcoming programs.

1.	Our next Steering Committee meeting is Wednesday March 31 at 2pm -
It is on Zoom.  If you wish to participate please send an email to us at
<mailto:info at LCTG.toku.us> info at LCTG.toku.us, and a few days before the
meeting you will receive a Zoom invite.
2.	Our calendar is fairly solid through mid-May.  You should view the
calendar on-line at  <https://schedule.LCTG.toku.us>
https://schedule.LCTG.toku.us
3.	There are a number of topics that members have proposed but, for
various reasons, they have not been scheduled.  In some cases we do not have
a proposed speaker, or maybe we are not sure that there would be sufficient
interest.  (You can see this list at:  <https://potentials.LCTG.toku.us>
https://potentials.LCTG.toku.us)
4.	On March 31 we will be putting together the calendar through
mid-summer 2021, recognizing that some of the proposed subjects and dates
need to be agreed to by proposed speakers
5.	We are fortunate to have quite a few new members, and we hope to
separately contact you to see if you would and could present at some time.
Please feel comfortable participating in this process, and please feel
comfortable in suggesting yourself (or a friend) as a speaker.  This can be
a great opportunity to pick a subject that you would like to learn more
about, study it, and present it to the group.  Many of us have done this.
6.	Some topics span the full 90 minutes, others require less time.
With a flexible schedule, shorter topics can be combined to fill out the
full meeting.

Looking forward to "seeing" many of you in 2 weeks.

Bob, John, Peter, Steve