[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] Physics/Engineering Question

Paul Garmon paul.garmon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 20:39:55 PST 2021

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 11:17 AM Robert Primak <bobprimak at yahoo.com> wrote:

> More relevant to this topic and to the storage of radioactive waste in
> vitreous silica, my Dad also authored the following paper. If you are very
> lucky, you might be able to find an electronic copy of it in a research
> library.

Wow!  Very cool! Maybe even glassy! 😂

Actually, you can find the PDF of that paper here
<https://www.osti.gov/biblio/5289026>!
  [click View Technical Report on that page]

*Effects of ionization on silicate glasses*
*By William Primak; Argonne National Laboratory.*

Paul

P.S. Had this happened around here, maybe the fused glass would have gone
to our fire museum in Boston? It's a couple of blocks down the street from
where I used to work on Congress Street in the Fort Point Channel area:

   - Boston Fire Museum
   <https://www.bostonfiremuseum.com/MissionAndHistory.html>

   [image: A picture of the front and side of the Boston Fire Museum]