[Lex Computer & Tech Group/LCTG] FYI: Microsoft reportedly broke Windows 11 by injecting ads

Robert Primak bobprimak at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 4 09:30:03 PDT 2021

  "Don't be the first to always try out the latest and greatest"

I don't know that his is always true.
When my old computers look like they won't be able to handle the next Windows upgrade, or the hardware looks like it's failing or falling way behind my needs, I tend to "go long" and upgrade hardware to the latest mid-grade consumer hardware available at the time. It's called "future-proofing".
With Windows 11 changing the hardware requirements for Windows users, I think getting the latest hardware you can afford is going to be the best strategy.
Staying with older hardware in the face of a major shift in Windows requirements will cause a lot of folks a major pain.
Of course, if folks want to try Linux... But there's a significant paradigm-shift  and a learning curve to do that as well.
-- Bob Primak